I was born on October 15th, 1934 in Copenhagen, Denmark
During my active life within the airline industry with 18 years positioned abroad I have I have been able to practise my great interest within the art of drawing and painting. I have also been able to show my work to people at onemanshows in many countries. After retiring I spent 10 years in Provence, living, painting and showing my works all over Europe.
Since I retired from the working life I have lived in Provence, drawn by the special light and colours in the Southern France, exactly as many other artists before me. After more than 9 years in Provence my wife and I decided to move back to Denmark and found a home in Soroe with working studio in the beautiful forest area around Assentorp, near Stenlille. During my time in France I participated in several exhibitions and shows.
During the years I have received honors for my art, among these several silver medals in Ancona, Italy. I have luckily been able to promote the painting art at many places, and I have been one of the initiators for new art schools and associations in Los Angeles, Africa and Denmark.
- Honorary Danish Consul to Uganda 1969-1971
- Reprecentative for the Ambassador of Sweden in Uganda 1970-1971
- After a presentation of Danish artists and my own art to Indian Art professors, doctors and graduates at The University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, November 7th, 2009, I received the golden tower statuette from the vicechancellor of the University.
- Menber of the French Art Association Claibern and chairman during 5 years of the Artgroup 12-Soranere, Soroe, Denmark.
- Earlier memberships of Inglewood Art Society, California 1965/66
- Kampala Art Society, Uganda, 1968-71.
- Member of (faggruppen) Dansk Forfatterforening, Denmark 1984-1994
- Member of Danske Tegnere up to 1994
On voluntary basis today making illustrations for
Skov- og Naturstyrelsen, Denmark (stiprojekter)
- Danmarks Naturfredningsforening/Sorø (Stiprojekter etc)
- AKT-bladet – Børns adfærd og trivsel (monthly publication to shools iall over Denmark)
- Danish Red Cross, Sorø (publications)
Lecture in India, November 2009
Invited by Professor Rajendra Sharma, the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India, to talk about Danish Art Museums, Danish artists since 1900 and to present my own art. The presentation took place on November 7th, 2009, attented by several Art professors and doctors and 50-60 art students. A smaller amount of my own paintiungs were shown at the University. Press releases in English in Indian Hindustan Times (ht Live) and in Indian language newspaper after the session.
Education/Member of boards
- The Academy of Free and Mercantile Art, Copenhagen, Denmark 1951-1954
- The State-supported Croquis School,Copenhagen, Denmark 1951-1954
- Group Graphic presentation, Stockholm 1990
- Member of boards “Danske Tegnere” during 1983-1993
- Chairman of artgroup 12 Soranere (20 painters) 2006-2011
- Member of boards in Dansk Forfatterforening/Faggruppen 1988-1994